Post contains one lousy affiliate link. See full disclosure here.
This is pretty much my mom's regular beef chili recipe adjusted for use in the slow cooker. I did change around a couple of things because:
1) I wanted to use turkey meat
2) I wanted to use the crockpot
3) I dislike onions.
I know! Onion hate - the worst of the hate crimes! And yet, as I told our chief travel correspondent, "It's not that I hate onions. It's just that they ruin every food they touch."
Yet even I can't deny that they add a nice flavor. So what I do is whenever a recipe says, "chop" the onions, I just quarter them. That way they still flavor the meal, but I can easily pull them out of my own portion.
First, brown the turkey and sauté the onions in the oil until clear.
Then throw everything in the crock pot except the flour or gluten free flour.
Sprinkle the flour or tapioca flour evenly over the top and stir in. Then cook on low for about six hours, or the longer the better!
Easy Crock Pot ChiliIngredients
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Onion
- 2 15 Ounce Cans Kidney Beans
- 1 14 Ounce Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 6 Ounce Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Brown turkey and onion.
- Mix all ingredients except flour into the crockpot.
- Sprinkle flour over the top and stir in.
- Cook on low for six or more hours.